Welcome to Kugli.com!
New to Kugli.com?
* Create Member Account!
Already a Member?
* Gautam Buddha Nagar
* Greater Bombay
* North Delhi
* Bangalore Urban
* United States
* New York
* United Arab Emirates
* Dubai Marina
* Downtown Dubai
* Palm Jumeirah
* Business Bay
* Makati City
* Pasig City
* Cebu City
* Quezon City
* Taguig City
* Mandaluyong City
Iv869 Bordighera Historical-Centre (ref. 25675329)
Ad Title: Iv869 Bordighera Historical-Centre (ref. 25675329) |
Date & Time Listed: 2016-09-19 09:59:16 (GMT)
Type of Ad: Want to Sell
REF IV869 Bordighera historical-centre
Interesting apartment of 160 square meters in the central via Lunga, at few steps from the most famouses restaurants in the city.
The apartment is on two floors and is topped by a tower terrace that allows you to enjoy an incredible view over the rooftops of the old town to the sea and the nearby Côte d'Azur.
Set in a typical Ligurian house, the accommodation is only accessible by means of stairs, marking its uniqueness.
By another flight of stairs we arrive to the main floor:
to the right side there is a bright dining room overlooking a terrace with sea view where you can also dine,
in front a small but well organized and independent kitchen.
To the left a large living room, a hallway, two bedrooms and one bathroom.
Upstairs there is currently an office room and bathroom.
Skype: Patrizia Barone
Number skype: 010 897 8122
Postal code 18012
Distance from Nice airport 57 km
Distance from Montecarlo 30 minutes
Distance from ski resort 68 km
Distance from beach 5 minutes
Restaurant bar shops
Close to all services
In the old Town
Stunning sea view
The city “of the Englishs” that inspired Monet, among centuries-old palm trees, well-kept gardens and five-star beaches
Bordighera is located at 20 km from France and it is possible to see the French coast with a naked eye from the town. Having the "Capo Sant’Ampelio" which protrudes into the sea, it is the southernmost commune of the region. The cape is at around the same latitude of Pisa and features a little church built in the XIth Century for Sant’Ampelio, the patron saint of the city. Since Bordighera is built where the Maritime Alps plunge into the sea it benefits from the Foehn effect which creates a special microclimate that has warmer winters.
It seems that has been inhabited by the time of the Palaeolithic era since archaeologic researchers have found signs of human activities in the caves that are situated on the Italian and French coast. The first humans to alter the territory and create a structured society arrived in the VIth Century B.C., they were the Ligures, population from which derives the name of the region, "Liguria" in Italian.
The name of the city appears for the first time as "Burdigheta" in 1296, in a papal Bill written by Pope Boniface VIII. The area was particularly prosperous during Roman times because it was situated on the via Julia Augusta in the Ist Century B.C. After the fall of the Roman Empire the village was abandoned because of the frequent attacks by pirates and it is only in 1470 that some families of nearby villages such as the Borghetto San Nicolò decided to return to Bordighera. The Moorish pirates started becoming rarer and rarer even though some particularly cruel ones still occasionally happened such as the one by the pirate Hayreddin Barbarossa in 1543. With pirate attacks diminishing the strategic importance of the area became obvious to the Dukes of Savoy and the Republic of Genoa which fought for the territory in the XVIth Century. The small village was quickly transformed into a fortified town and gained importance until it became independent from the rival city "Ventimiglia" in 1683.
On the 20th of April 1686, the representants of eight villages, Camporosso, Vallebona, Vallecrosia, San Biagio, Sasso, Soldano, Borghetto and Bordighera have a meeting at the "St. Bartholomew Oratory (Bordighera)" to build what will be called "Magnifica comunità degli otto luoghi", which can be translated as: "The magnificent community of the eight locations". The goal of this meeting is to unite and gain independence from the nearby rival city of Ventimiglia . In 1797 Bordighera loses its independence completely and becomes part of the "Palms Jurisdiction", a region that included all of the land from Ventimiglia to Arma di Taggia and had Sanremo as capital.
The next change of power inside the region comes in 1815 in which the whole Liguria is annexed to the Kingdom of Sardegna after the Congress of Vienna.The Napoleonic influence will however stay and influence the area, a good example of it is the road "La Corniche" which, wanted by Napoleon Bonaparte , will reach Bordighera easing the movement of people and goods and boosting the development of what was once called "Borgo Marina". That zone is what constitutes Bordighera today and the old town is simply called Old Bordighera or High Bordighera due to its position over the hill (in Italian "Bordighera Vecchia" or "Bordighera Alta").
This property is a Flat for sale.
Number of Bedrooms: 2
Number of Bathrooms: 2
Price: 820,000.00 EUR
More Ads Posted by Member
Contact Ad Poster by E-Mail
* Deal Locally with persons you can meet face to face - this is the most important tip!
* Avoid Sending Funds with Western Union, Moneygram or and other similar service
* Kugli.com is not an Escrow service, we are not involved in any transaction between our members.
* Imperia - Real Estate Classified Ads
* Liguria, Italy - Real Estate Classified Ads
* Italy - Real Estate Classified Ads
* Imperia - Apartments for Sale Classified Ads
* Liguria, Italy - Apartments for Sale Classified Ads
* Italy - Apartments for Sale Classified Ads